Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How old do I need to be to choose the parent I want to live with?

I'm 15 and my parents are divorced and live in separate states. I want to live with my dad and he said he would like me to too but I'm positive my mother would never allow it. How can I make things work so that I can live with my dad? How old do I have to be to decide without getting permission from my mom?How old do I need to be to choose the parent I want to live with?
You will have to use a lawyer and a court. You are allowed to make your own decision as of 12 years old so you should be fine. If the court allows it, your mom can't do anything about it.How old do I need to be to choose the parent I want to live with?
You need to go through a court and have a judge make an offical order if your mother is not willing to let you go. Usually after the age of 12 or 13 the judge will give strong consideration to what the child requests as long as the parent can be responsible. But maybe you should try talk to your mother about why you want to move and see if something can be worked out. But in order to go through a court and make things official your father would have to file paperwork with a court and the friend of the court that has jurisdiction over you (which is usually, though not always, where you live).
least 12 or 13
no, i am not agree
no, i am not agree
  • lotion cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment