Thursday, May 13, 2010

What is the minimum age requirement to still be on parent's medical insurance?

I am turning 18 next year and was wondering what age I go off my parent's medical insurance.


Also, if I am a full time college student, am I still on their medical insurance?What is the minimum age requirement to still be on parent's medical insurance?
The MINIMUM age is 0 - birth. The maximum varies, it's usually the later of when you turn 18, or stop being a full time student.





So yes, if you go to college full time, you'll still be on their policy.What is the minimum age requirement to still be on parent's medical insurance?
Those requirements do not fit the question asked. You asked the minimum age. I believe you are looking for the requirement to remain on their Insurance. You would need to have either your parents check the policy or call the Insurance Company.





All States have different laws and all policies carry different requirements. It would be best to check the policy and make sure to check ';exclusions'; to the policy.
25 years old on most insurances, and past that if you are a child disabled.
Most insurance companies have provisions that as long as you are a full-time student, that you can be covered for an additional 4-5 years.
I am 20 years old and still under my parent's insurance. My mom's insurance said I'm covered as long as I'm a full time student. My dad's insurance said as long as he claims me on his taxes than I'm covered. Either way, if you live with your parent you shouldn't have to pay!
All policies are different. Some, age 18. Some , as long as you are a full time student, to age 25.Some go less.


You have to examine the benefits book. If alowed to stay on because you area student, you will have to provide verification periodically. which the school will provide directly to the ins co..
You will probably have to check with your insurance company. But with my parents insurance I could stay on it until I turned 19 as long as I was still living with them.
If you are a full time student your parents can choose to keep you on their medical up to the age of 25. It is their choice to put and keep you on their insurance

No comments:

Post a Comment