Thursday, May 13, 2010

What are the laws of moving out of state with a divorced parent?

My father lives in Illinois and my Mother lives in Conneticut. I currently live with my father and he has main custody of me. My mom has visitation (every-other weekend). I would really like to move in with her, but my father wont let me visit her, let alone move in with her. What should I do? Im 16 and wanted to know if I can just up and move out with her, or have to legally do something?What are the laws of moving out of state with a divorced parent?
If she has court ordered visitation he HAS to let you go visit. If he does not, he is in contempt and your mother can petition the court for a change in custody arrangement. Your mother needs to make arrangements for you to visit and document by witnesses or by police that he refuses to let you go.What are the laws of moving out of state with a divorced parent?
Custody laws in this country are ridiculous...how come you, the innocent child has to suffer and move back and forth. Whose God-awful idea was that? At age 14 judges can listen to the childrens request about where they want to live.





When I'm president...the kids won't move, the parents will. Children need consistency above all else....they would remain in their home and the parents would rotate. You have my sympathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment