Thursday, May 13, 2010

As a single parent entering the military, will my son be covered under my health insurance?

I understand I mainly have a few a few options.





Marry my ex legally, Marry her and work things out, or go to court and relinquish custody and pay child support.





My question....





If I chose to relinquish custody to join, would my son be covered under my healthcare plan or would she have to look into finding her own insurance plan for the two of them.





Thanks!As a single parent entering the military, will my son be covered under my health insurance?
only with a court order requiring you to provide insurance.As a single parent entering the military, will my son be covered under my health insurance?
If you relinguish custody there is always the fact that you cannto get custody back, well anyways...you can always add dependants to your DEERS and then they will be covered under tricare benefits, the caregiver will need an I D card for tricare insurance and your SSN in order for your child to file for the tricare or for the doctor to file for the tricare benefits, thatis if they except the insurance int he first place.


You will need the child SSN and birthdate and other pertenant info to put them on the DD1172 that will put them on your DEERS.
Kerfitz gave a good answer. I would not recommend giving up custody, but when you join, even if your child is living with mom, your child will be covered. If you are not married you should be paying child support anyway, so I am not sure why you would be going to court. But either way the answer to your question is yes, your son will be covered by Tri-Care.
If you retain custody of your child he would be covered by the military. If you have joint custody and are responsible for the child (IE paying Child support) then he can still be covered by the military in neither case would your ex be covered.
From what I know your child will be covered, simply because it is your child. For more info ask your recruiter
Your son would be covered 100% if hes listed as a dependent.
the enemy is tough you will get killed








your kids will be orphaned
  • lotion cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment