Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What are the pros and cons of being a foster parent, of a teenager?

My mother wants to be a foster parent of teo teenagers. I'm sixteen, but I have a daughter and boyfriend and everything. The will just be taking care of these girls (who come from different homes and don't even know eachother). The both are 14 years old. I was just wondering what the pros and cons would be.What are the pros and cons of being a foster parent, of a teenager?
I'll help you out as much as I can from my understanding.





PROS:


*You will be helping 2 teenagers who need a loving home.


*They will have an older ';sister'; (you) to look up to. You can get them to take care of your baby with you and show them how hard teenage pregnancy is.


*They will feel loved and that they belong.


*Both of them are the same age, so it's like they are twins.





CONS:


*You may not like having younger siblings taking attention away from you, even if you DO have a baby and a boyfriend.


*More money on them, less money on you and your baby.


*Since they are foster children, you learn to love them and they leave. It's a tough situation.





I think overall that your mom should go for it!What are the pros and cons of being a foster parent, of a teenager?
well, its not ur decision, its hers, and it will effect u, but not as much as her, maybe she feels cheated out of raising a teenager because her teenager is a mother already! she WANTS the teen age years!!! i mean u cant help that anymore, but let her be happy and think of it as 2 new kids on the block, maybe u can be friends ... and possiably have a baby sitter
i am a foster parent and i love my new adopted daugther she is also a teenager and she is one of the best things that happen to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment