Friday, January 15, 2010

How do you approach a parent when you want a raise after a month?

I am a childcare provider and my rates are too cheap! I've had the children for a month now and it's hard because everything I make goes on food and supplies.How do you approach a parent when you want a raise after a month?
Hello, I do independent childcare also. And i know how your feeling, been there. What I did was, type up a letter to each parent, and made it look professional. I explained that because when I started I did not figure in the amount of food , supplies for crafts and other expenses into my budget. I apologized for the inconvenience for increasing the rate. I also gave them a date when it would go into effect. I gave them 2 weeks before the rates went up. I also got smart and set strict meal and snack times, with a menu to go by. It helps with buying groceries. Good Luck and Stick to your guns, just remember that good child care is hard to find and your kids won't be leaving because their parents won't want to pay for State licensed day care!How do you approach a parent when you want a raise after a month?
You just have to tell them that you'r sorry but you are not making anything but the expenses you pay out, and are going to have to raise your rates. If they don't like it, then I'm sure you can find others that will appreciate your service helping raise their kids.
I agree just tell them that your prices have changed and if they don't like it I'm sure you will find others who will love your services. if they ask why just let them know with the riseing gas and food prices your need to accomadate with a higher salery. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment