Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do you go about asking a parent to take you to a doctor about mental health?

I'm considering telling my Mum about my really bad anxiety, its been affecting every part of my life and I want to go to a doctor or psychiatrist or something to help me. How do I ask her??


I'm a fifteen year old girl, and I don't want to approach the school counsellor off my own bat.How do you go about asking a parent to take you to a doctor about mental health?
Get your mum by herself and tell her you want to have a serious talk, and then tell her all your worries. She wont think you are being silly, quite the opposite she will try to do everything to help you. Don't hold anything back. When you are talking to her don't be clever with smart answers, be honest. Good luck to youHow do you go about asking a parent to take you to a doctor about mental health?
Hi Princess,





Anxiety is no fun. - Nothing fun at all.





So it is a good idea to approach your Mum and tell her about it and that you like her to a GP or someonelse.





The most important is that you tell her everything about why you wants to visit someone during a time you are alone and can talk freely with each other.





However, if your mum say no you must promise to respect her answer and instead try to find another solution in how to solve your situation. - Perhaps start a sport or something. - I began to ran marathons.
tell her about it

No comments:

Post a Comment