Saturday, January 23, 2010

What happens if your under 18 and Parent cannot show up for minors subpoena?

If i am not able to make it to a different county for a court subpoena what happens to my parent? If my parent needs to be at work? What are the consequences. I dont think being arrested pertains to me though or my mom and we only got a phone call and no subpoena delivered. I am not in trouble but need to show up against someone. So no case is against me.What happens if your under 18 and Parent cannot show up for minors subpoena?
I take this to mean you are a witness in a case against someone else, if so %26amp; you have not been served a subpeona to appear you do not have to attend. A request by phone is just that - a Request. So there should not be any consequences. You need to take into account though whether - a) this was a serious crime b) how important is your testimony to the case c) how not testifying would effect the outcome of the case (such as an innocent person be convicted, or a criminal not be convicted)


Mainly, how relevant is your info. in the case, are there other witnesses who will disclose the same facts you are attesting too. If it were a major case %26amp; your statements were detremental to the case I would think a subpeona would be involved. Either way- good luck %26amp; I am glad the case is not against you, keep it that way - keep setting a good example for the other youth in our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment