Sunday, January 17, 2010

What is the percentage of single parent households out there?

There are so many single parents raising their kids alone these days. What is the percentage of this? Verses the percentage of married folks raising their kids?What is the percentage of single parent households out there?
68.1%, or 71.8 million households, were family households.





31.9%, or 33.7 million households, were non-family households.





This was in 2000, but I read that it hasn't changed since 1994-2008What is the percentage of single parent households out there?
I can't give you a percentage off the top of my head but I can say that off the top of my head thinking of everyone who has kids including myself that I come up with more married parents raising there children then I do single parents. Although in me and my husband's career there are periods of time when it seems that one or the other of us are a single parent.
I hate to just give a link for an answer, but I hate it even more when someone just copies and pastes information without reference lol, but here is a link I found containing the statistic you're after and a few more interesting ones. It's from the US Cencus bureau, I'm actually from the UK but I'm guessing you're more likely to be after US information if you haven't mentioned that you're from elsewhere. Hope it helps!





http://www.parentswithoutpartners.org/Su鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment