Thursday, January 21, 2010

What are the benefits of student-led parent conferences?

I'm a teacher and I'm just wondering. I've heard about student-led conferences using powerpoint slides but I'm not really sure how to that with kindergartners. Did it work for any of you?What are the benefits of student-led parent conferences?
Yeah that does sound like a huge undertaking. You could just have the children begin the discussion so that they can have a chance to tell their parents their proudest accomplishments. The slides are unnecessary for kindergarteners. Good luck!What are the benefits of student-led parent conferences?
I think that powerpoints for a classroom of kindergartners sounds like a massive amount of work.


When I read the initial question my thoughts were that the child tells the parent how they are doing instead of you. It is great because the kid takes responsibility (positive or negative). Then you can fill in the blanks and any information that the child missed.





I would never be able to make powerpoints for each of my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment