Saturday, January 23, 2010

What happens in a custody case when one parent does not have money for a lawyer?

My ex-aunt ran out of money for a lawyer, but my grandma is helping my uncle pay for one. Does she get a court appointed lawyer?What happens in a custody case when one parent does not have money for a lawyer?
Normally, no court-appointed lawyers in a civil matter, which this is. She could try the local legal aid association. The court will be concerned with the best interests of the child or children.What happens in a custody case when one parent does not have money for a lawyer?
I have been there myself. My first husband and I had children together. When I had left him, I had no money for a lawyer, but he did. My fear level was very high. But I found out that I could get help from the state to obtain a good lawyer for nothing. (I did end up winning custody so they were very good, and our divorce lasted a year and everything was covered).





It would be a good idea for you to contact your local welfare office (they always have the information there) and tell them your situation. More than likely they will be able to direct you in the right direction on where to go for this sort of help.





Good Luck
The Government Should Give Her A Lawyer According That Its The Law!!
the court will as long as she falls below the guidlines
The government will help her out.
Tell her to go to legal aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment