Thursday, January 21, 2010

How to manage childminding as a single parent in Toronto?

I am a single mother, German, planning on relocating to Toronto. What do you do with a seven year old during your working hours. Is a single mother ';normal'; for canadian standards or are there (religious) predjudices?How to manage childminding as a single parent in Toronto?
I am not German or canadian but I think the answer would be the same the world over. Some schools have a child care center for after school children to be cared for until their parent arrives. Some day care centers go and pick up the child from school and keep them until a parent comes to get them.





I would check with the school first and see if they have a child care program. If not, find a child care center that will go to the child's school and pick them up. How to manage childminding as a single parent in Toronto?
I'm Canadian, and live fairly close to Toronto. There's plenty of single moms here, it's totally normal for canadian standards. I'm a single mom of 2, I'm also a Christian, and I've never felt judged by anyone at my church.


A 7 year old will be in school full-day, which is 6.5 hours plus however long the bus ride is. If you require care beyond that there's many options such as a home-daycare, school-age daycare centre, teenage babysitter, after-school programs run out of the school or community centres, Boys %26amp; Girls Clubs. You may also qualify for daycare subsidy, which is a government program that will cover most of your daycare costs. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment