Teach the child proper work ethics. It is seriously lacking nowadays.What is the most important things a parent can impress upon their teenager?
To know that you will always be there for them and can come to you with any problem so when any of these subjects do come up, you will be there for them and give them your knowledge. Can't tell you how much it helped that my mom was always there for me no matter what and loved me unconditionally. Kept me outta a lot of trouble and she always had time for me.What is the most important things a parent can impress upon their teenager?
It's the old one and still true -
';Do unto others as you would have them do unto you';
If they stick to that they won't go far wrong.
respect and good manners
real sex education....and not just once.. but with the appropriate phrases and so they get it...work ethics? yeah ..that is important..but i'd even put personal finances and credit history above work ethics...
too many kids have sex too early and have no money and all you get is a teenage girl who has an abortion because of a bad decision due to a boy who pressured her and hurt her because he didn't know any better..
To love and obey the LORD.
1.Drugs, smoking, and drinking ruin your life!
2. Trust God
3. Wait till your married to have sex
Don't drink and drive.
Use a condom.
Don't do drugs.
use a condom and dont spend ALL your money on weed and beer.
I agree about the work ethic. I also think strong morals or values whatever you prefer to call them. Also money management.
1. The real world IS NOT nice. You have to earn what you get.
2. Nowadays, education is EVERYTHING.
3. You will always be there as a parent and friend when needed...you will not force yourself on them but you will watch them (i've got my eyes on you....hmmmmmm)
4. Work ethics, family moral, love.
5. Money mgmt....ppl now don't understand the concept of saving any kind of money. Debt is NOT fun.
6. Be responsible, but still be a kid while you can...it won't last forever.