Friday, January 15, 2010

How can I ask a parent for permission to date their daughter?

Ok, so this girl that I like wants me to ask her parents to date her. I am in all honesty completely stumped on how and what to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ThanksHow can I ask a parent for permission to date their daughter?
First of all you are on the right track. Asking permission shows a lot of integrity. People like straight talk. So just tell him simply that you want to spend more time with his daughter and have a lot of respect for her and want to make sure you aren't stepping over any boundariess or getting her into any trouble. Ask him how he feels about that and what would be acceptable to him. I would try visiting over at her house first so they could get to know and trust you. Parents don't like the boyfriend steeling away their daughters, so that would be a better non-threatening approach. Befriend them, but don't be fake. :)How can I ask a parent for permission to date their daughter?
Yeah, glad to help. I hope it all goes well for you.

Report Abuse



Just be a gentlemen and go over for dinner or invite them to dinner and start talking to the dad or both the mom and the dad and say look your daughter is a beautiful, nice girl...I would really like to date her


and see were it goes from there

No comments:

Post a Comment