Friday, January 15, 2010

How do you think having an over emotional parent or under emotional parent would effect a child?

Do you think it comes down to nature vs nuture thing?





Or would you say that having an over emotional would make the kid more emotional or less emotional?





Just thinking about this and have no idea! So any thoughts welcome :)How do you think having an over emotional parent or under emotional parent would effect a child?
I think nurture has a lot to do with how a child turns out (not entirely, mind you). My mom had a hard emotional exterior when my brother and I were children, never crying and such. Now that we're adults we never show such weakness (IE: crying, sadness).





My mom always did tell us she loved us every day, hugged and kissed us, but she was a single parent so I can understand the lack of certain emotions. It certainly rubbed off on us though.How do you think having an over emotional parent or under emotional parent would effect a child?
I grew up with very un emotional parents and it effects every aspect of your life and your relationships as well. It's hard to express what you feel, when you don't know how to, because you've never been taught how.


I had to learn to deal with a lot on my own and had to talk to a lot of people and read a lot of books.


I've come a very long way, but at times still find it hard to deal with certain things in life.





Been there...done that
My best friends has an overly emotional mother and a passive father. She came out to be passive aggressive. She loves her dad (for his patience and his lack of excessive enthusiasm-she likes things simple) and practically despises her mother for being so emotional and overly complicated.
Kids tend to mirror their parents behavior so an emotional parent = emotional kid.





Unemotional parent = unemotional kid.





Although I would leave some room here for nature.
  • makeup school
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment