Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why cant a parent send baked goods to school for a birthday?

For a childs birthday children are not allowed to bring in home baked items. But why is it when their is parent tacher conferences the schools ask for parents to bring in food. That can be made at home?Why cant a parent send baked goods to school for a birthday?
This law started back when I was in grade school 25 years ago. We would have read and eat once a week. We could bring in a snack and beverage from home and read and eat. I brought in popcorn from a popper. ( did not have mircro wave pop corn back then.) This girl for go her read and eat so I said she could have some of mine and the teacher said no that is against the law. I can see the point about not bringing baked good in from home. You do not know if the persons kitchen is clean or if they used outdated eggs or something. Licked there finger. But it does not seem to bother the teachers at parent teachers conference. I know when I a child bring cold lunch they are not allowed to share any part of their cold lunch with another student.Why cant a parent send baked goods to school for a birthday?
like I said in another answer, at my kids school we can bring in mostly anything. I have brought in cupcakes, Dunkin Donuts munchkins, cakes for parties, etc. Glad I live where I do now. Then again we are a small community and everyone knows everyone!
First of all u might be a sicko and put something in the snack or because your kitchen hasn't been inspected by the government. This is so crazy! I remember when I was a child and we loved it when some mother brought in some home made cookies or something. Now they would rather u send in individual wrapped snacks that have things in them that we can't even pronouce. I guess that is their way or protecting our children but when it comes to the parents, well they r old enough to be responsible for what they eat. What a crazy world
Party kidsmay eat it and there are too many kids with too many allergies these days, many may not know they have an allergy or know which foods tostay away from, kids will eat anything. Parent/teacher only the adults are eating and they already know their allergies and what food to stay away from.
We are not allowed to bring in any food from home. It all has to be packaged and bought at a store. Doesn't make sense to me, you can poison the teachers but not the kids????
If a parent prepares something at home for a group of children, and one or more of the kids get sick from the food, obviously the kids' parents will want to take some legal action against the parent who prepared the food. For a parent/teacher conference, I guess they don't worry about it as much because they're adults.
You can't bring food into a child's classroom anymore because of health reasons. There can be things put in the baked goods, children can have allergies to things found in baked goods and the teachers need to have control of what the kids eat. You can however bring food to parent teacher conferences because most likely these will be consumed by parents (or the parents are there to monitor what their child is eating.)
Because of allergies. My son is allergic to tree nuts and sesame seeds. Too many kids now-a-days have allergies. It's too dangerous to take the chance.





I will say this though, I feel terrible that kids can't enjoy treats anymore. I even wanted to bring in munchkins and was denied that. In my son's school no food can be brought it. It's sad but they cannot take the chance.
That is a trip.





I was gonna off the cuff that they don't want to find razors or something.





Maybe they just make sure the parents start eating first.
My kids have been in schools with such regulations before, but at their current school home-made cupcakes are de rigeur for birthdays. I know kids have gone to the hospital for playground accidents each year we've been here, but the ambulance has yet to be called for a cupcake-related trauma.





In Texas, a state law was passed protecting parents' rights to send cupcakes (not other confections) to school with their children in spite of regulations limiting junk food.

No comments:

Post a Comment