Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can the parents or parent get into any legal trouble if their child runs away?

First off no im not planning on running away nor is anyone I know. I was simply curious because I don't see how they can unless the child was forced out the home or living in a terrible environment(getting sexually abused and such). So can the parents get into trouble with the police or charged with anything if their child free willingly runs away? And if so what type of legal actions take place for the parents not the child.Can the parents or parent get into any legal trouble if their child runs away?
no unless the parent/parents did something to cause it like abuse ect.Can the parents or parent get into any legal trouble if their child runs away?
Yes, Because I ran away.





My parents got up me, because they said if, nobody had found me and they had to call the police, I'd be taken off of them. Because I ran away, and if I liked that family, I would of stayed there. So they'd see something as unfit.





I'm Australian, so my rules probably differ to yours.
Yes


first they have to report the child missing


if they dont that can b taken as neglect


plus the police will ask the parents alot of queastions


they will inspect the home to make sure the child wasnt abused


and will make sure the child was being like fed and stuff like that


so its more like ';legal attention'; than trouble
If the parents do not report the child missing, they will get into legal trouble, it could result in a child abuse/neglect charge or a child endangerment charge. If a child continuously runs away, the family is likely to be investigated by children's services.
I think it all depends on the state that you live in I know in CT that if you have over 16 its not a big deal but if the child is under 16 you are spouse to call and report that your child ran away.
i hope not

No comments:

Post a Comment